This is a simple but satisfyingly flavorful chowder that will come together in minutes and be on your table in no time. It is rich and creamy, but thanks to the use of cream style corn, it is surprisingly low in calories and fat! Rotisserie chicken saves time, and you can sneak in diced carrots, or white beans to add more healthy tastiness.
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp. garlic minced
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 3 cups 2 % milk
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken chopped
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 14 oz. can cream styled corn
- 1/2 tsp. red peper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tbsp. cilantro chopped, for garnish
- 1. Over medium heat, melt butter in a large pan. Add onion and celery and cook until tender, stirring. Add red pepper and garlic and cook until tender.
- 2.Stir in flour and cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Add milk, stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- 3. Add chicken, corn, creamed corn, thyme, pepper, and salt. Cook until thick. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.