This cookie bar earns an A+! Most importantly, it is delicious: a white chocolate and brown sugar shortbread with tart little bites of cranberry through out, a creamy frosting and topped with more white chocolate and cranberries. It is also a simple and forgiving recipe, and– bonus!– it is a colorful addition to any cookie tray.
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 6 oz. white chocolate coarsely chopped
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 oz. white chocolate melted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries chopped
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9" x 13" baking pan.
- In large bowl, combine melted butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add to butter mixture and combine well. Add cranberries and chopped chocolate. Spread into greased pan. Mixture will be thick.
- Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool on a rack.
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar. Gradually beat in about half of the melted white chocolate. Spread on the top of the cooled bars.
- Sprinkle chopped cranberries on top of the frosting and then drizzle the remaining melted chocolate on top. Chill until frosting is firm and then cut into bars.