Dear Zucchini, you are the most satisfying vegetable for the brown thumbed gardener…You grow so cooperatively and easily that it seems wrong to resent your abundance and fireplace log dimensions, but it can be a challenge to keep finding new and delicious recipes. Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread makes the grade however, with chocolate and espresso flavors and a sizable amount of shredded zucchini. Double or triple the recipe and freeze some for school lunches.
8 x 4 loaf
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. espresso powder
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 2 cups shredded, unpeeled zucchini squeezed dry
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease one 8" x 4" loaf pan or three mini pans.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, honey, brown sugar, oil and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, baking powder and espresso powder. Mix until smooth.
- Gently add in the zucchini and the chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 55 minutes for large pan or about 35 minutes for smaller pan, until tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool on rack. Cool completely before slicing.