This quick and easy chicken dinner is so flavorful that you won’t even notice it lacks fat and calories. Ginger, garlic and tomatoes combine with honey, mango chutney and curry to give it a gently spicy sweet and sour vibe.
Serve over rice.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 tbsp. garlic minced
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 14 1/2 oz. can crushed tomatoes undrained
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- cooked rice
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute. Add ginger and curry powder and cook, stirring constantly, for another minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes, chutney, vinegar and honey. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for five minutes.
- Stir in chicken. Simmer for abut fifteen minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve over rice if desired.