Simple ingredients combine for big flavor in this simple chicken dish. Marinate chicken breasts overnight in lemon, garlic, mustard and pepper and the next day, simply grill it or pan fry it, whichever catches your fancy! Mushrooms, white wine and more lemon make a tasty sauce. Add a green vegetable, crusty bread and more wine and dinner is served…
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless pounded thin
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup lemon juice fresh
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 lb. mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup shallots peeled, minced
- 1 tbsp. garlic minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- In a large glass baking dish, combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, salt, and pepper. Add chicken breasts and coat well. Cover and marinate overnight.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and discard marinade. If grilling the chicken, do so, then set it aside, keeping warm while making sauce.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. If sauteing the chicken, add in a single layer and cook until browned, about 5 minutes on each side and remove from pan, keeping warm while making the sauce.
- Add mushrooms to the same pan. (You may need to add more butter if you cooked the chicken in the pan). Saute mushrooms until golden, then remove to a plate. Add garlic and shallots to the pan and saute for two minutes.
- Add the wine and bring to a boil, stirring and scraping up any browned bits. Combine lemon juice and cornstarch and add to pan, stirring until slightly thickened..
- Add mushrooms back into pan and stir well. Remove from heat and serve over the chicken breasts.