These great big cookies contain everything dear to the heart of a soon-to-be- Southern lawyer… bourbon, brown sugar, chocolate chips, toffee pieces, pecans, marshmallows and yes indeed, BACON! Topping it off is a nice thick layer of rich brown sugar frosting–res judicata!
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp. bourbon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 2 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chocolate covered toffee pieces
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup pecans coarsely chopped
- 8 slices bacon cooked, crumbled
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Make cookies: Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a standing mixer, beat butter until smooth. Add sugars and beat on medium speed for three minutes.
- Add eggs, bourbon and vanilla and beat well.
- In a bowl, combine flour, oats and baking soda. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well combined. Add in toffee pieces, chocolate chips, marshmallows, pecans and bacon.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until they start to turn light brown. Remove from oven and cool on rack.
- Make frosting: In a small saucepan combine the butter, brown sugar and cream. Over medium low heat, stir constantly, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat immediately and cool.
- Place this mixture into the bowl of a standing mixture. Using whisk on low speed, slowly add in the powdered sugar. When it is all incorporated, turn up speed to medium and beat until creamy.
- Frost cooled cookies.